Top 5 – Best Dog Chew Toys, Ever
After interviewing nearly 50 dog owners over the last month, we have compiled a list of our (and your) favorite dog chew toys, which can immediately improve the health and joy in your dog’s life.
Also, it’s nice to keep their mind stimulated, their behavior tame, and their time occupied.
Some dog toys are squeaky, and some are chewy, and some will get destroyed quicker than others. But here are the overall best toys that we have found, based on the interviews and discussions we have had.
Read our descriptions to learn more about why they appear on this list.
Top 5 Best Dog Chew Toys
- Large KONG, Classic Chew Toy – Comes in various sizes, can be stuffed with peanut butter, or other dog friendly food. Dogs love it, and it also keeps them occupied for 10 minutes to an 1 hour. This is the number 1 chew toy on our list because it’s nearly indestructible, and can be used over and over again, with different treats stuffed inside.
- Benebone Chew Toy – Curved wishbone shape, real flavor, strong, and gives dogs plenty of chew time on the grooved edges that appear when being chewed. This is highly rated due to the longevity of enjoyment for your dog. Personally, I have owned this toy for a year now, and my 1.5 year old puppy always keep this one locked in its rotation of other toys.
- Ethical Mini Skinneeez Fox (Stuffingless) Chew Toy – The stuffing free skinneeez lasts longer than many other toys because it does not have the annoying cotton-style stuffing that often gets removed by your dog within minutes. This does contain a squeaker! But, it’s great for tug-of-war between you and your dog (or with another dog), and will last quite some time.
- Buck Bone Organics Elk Antler – Every Year elk naturally shed their antlers. Buck Bone Organics was smart enough to capitalize on this natural event, and turn them into dog chew toys. This is a tough chew toy, but that doesn’t mean it’s not bad for your dog. In fact, it’s full of calcium, phosphorus, and zinc. There are no messes from this chew toy, and it emits no odors. This one listed is generally a large size (about 6-7″ inches in length), and is great for dogs 40lbs and up.
- Greenies Original Dental Chewable – For different reasons, this dog chewable is on our top 5 list. If you have not been cleaning your dog’s teeth regularly, then grab a pack of these chewable treats. They come recommended by the Veterinary Oral Health Council (VOHC), and are easy-to-digest. They have a fair amount of nutrients, but should not be a replacement for food.
Dog Toys Value Pack – Good value for your money. Good for all size dogs. This includes 5 assorted full size toys and runs about $26. Plus, people on Amazon have given this high marks, and it is a top seller. Enjoy
Summary on Dog Chew Toys
All dogs love toys. But it takes a human being to bring out the best of the toys. We recommend you spend at least 30 minutes a day playing with your dog, in addition to any other playtime that they enjoy at dog parks, the beach, or on walks. With the list of toys above, however, we know your dog will love every moment of their playtime, and may have nice teeth to boot! Enjoy.